Friday 3 June 2011

I'm Back on Track

Feeling much better in the last two days.  I also had some meat to eat which helps because I really needed some protien.  You can only eat so much peanut butter.  Anyway yesterday we bought some hamburger meat after my scoping it out for the last couple of days and deciding it looked more like something we are use to.  The burgers were great I  thought I was eating steak.  So moving onward and upward.  I realize that the stomach thing had been going on since almost the  first day got to  Kenya and I was just not feeling well.  I feel stronger and more alert in the last couple of days.  Keep your fingers crossed that I stay this way.  I had an amazing day with my new friend George Chombo.  He is directing a play for one of the high schools here in Kenya.  Basically at a private school and it so happens that the play in "Raising in the Sun"  a classic that was made in 1959 and it was about African American life  in Chicago.  Well it was great he invited me to work with the kids by giving them some perspective on what was happening at that time with African American and what the essence of the play was about.  We worked most of the afternoon but the kids got it understood the importance of the role of each of the characters and how this was apart of African American life in Chicago or anywhere during that time.  Opening night will be next week at the school and it is open to the public.  I was really surprise that the kids wanted to know about life in America and African Americans and also that they cared enough about the production to want to get it right.  This by far was the besst day yet  in Kenya.  Looking forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment