Thursday 26 May 2011

Week Ending

Well today is Thursday and I have finished another week in the slums.   Good news I saw the little  seven year old girl today and she was much brighter.  It's not so much that her situation has changed but I think she at least knows that someone is fighting for her.   She had that hope back in her eyes which is the thing that keeps me coming back to Kenya.  Today we met with a little girls at the school who lives with a host family because her grandmother died recently.  What strikes me most is  that her circumstances doesn't allow her to just take a moment after  the death of grandmother's  because she find a place her and her sibling to live.   She is only 14 years old and yet has the responsibility of an adult now.   I am amazed at how well these children handle their daily struggle with pride and hope.   I am learning so much about life and how in an minute things can change and  deep down someplace there is that thing that keeps us going.  All of us have that something but most of us will never have to use it like these children do.    WOW

No comments:

Post a Comment